Wednesday, February 6, 2019

26 YEARS OF EPILEPSY BREAKTHROUGH

 AKINYI FROM KENYA TESTIMONY


What I am about to say might not be new to people from Africa, where superstition reign supreme. Where those with epilepsy are seen as being demonic, or possessed with evil forces. I hope to help people that their rejection might be worst than mine find hope again; those are ashamed of facing epilepsy and searching for a cure; those who societal institutions consider less human to be in schools and have a job because of seizures. I'm just hoping that it helps people understand that seizure or epilepsy should not stand against their goals in life, even when the world believes what they want.

My name is Akinyi Patrick and I’m 26 years old. I was diagnosed with grand mal seizure when I was 2 years old. Growing up as an epileptic girl in Africa wasn’t a nice story. It was totally a life of shame and depression as I was constantly rejected by my peers, and most family members who believed that epilepsy was contagious that I might infect them. In class, I was isolated; mocked, and bullied by those who have no knowledge of epilepsy.

I grew up to understand that my seizures were caused by illness which I suffered when I was 14 months. I asked my mum about my condition, how it started, and if there is hope for me, she said she did everything possible to find a cure for me. She gave me all the recommended medications; took me to various “witch doctors” suggested by kinfolks who believed that my seizures were an evil attack since no one in my family had such ailment. She visited Neurologists within and outside Kenya even to US. In all her efforts, the answers she got were that I might not live up to 7 years old because my seizures had become frequent and has resulted to epilepsy. According to her, she never gave up; she believed that one day I’ll find a cure. I survived the years predicted by doctors; but with frequent seizures, falls and broken bones from injuries.

Finishing school wasn’t an easy task. Seizures came most times during examinations and or while preparing.  So it was a struggle. My grades weren't where they needed to be to continue on with degree program after my senior school. So I started looking for a job. My family provided everything I needed growing up so we weren’t poor, but I felt the need to leave home to find people that might not reject me, or at least folks that are suffering the same ailment like me. I wanted to take control of my life. I always believed that if you have control over a condition you have, then it would it won’t be a disturbance. So I decided to go to job corps as my second option of gaining both Higher Education and a job. I received a Certificate from it, but I still struggled to find a job. I later enrolled in an online degree for further study….before I will begin my study online, I often looked up seizures and epilepsy foundation blogs and websites. I read a lot from people who suffer the same fate like me; their hope inspires me to believe that I will find a cure one day. Should I say hundreds of English Medications I was taking already had extreme said effect? That was part of it. But I couldn’t stop taking them, because I was advised that my seizures might just kill me if I stop. I only continued taking them because I believed that one day I’ll be free from epilepsy and no more drugs.

I was still desperate for a cure, so I continued my search for a cure, reading and Bookmarking blogs, following comments of people with epilepsy and blogs they shared. My breakthrough came the day I read a testimony about someone who was cured from epilepsy through HERBAL Medication… I followed the blog, and was awed when I read another epileptic patient testimony of being cured through the doctor’s herbal medicine. From what I learnt, the herbal medication was called HILTON anti-seizure medication… I contacted the doctor, and used his herbal medication; my epilepsy became a story after 2 months of use. Today, I am totally free from seizures after years of struggle with Epilepsy and English medications side effects…indeed miracles happens when we do not give up on searching for a way out…I find a cure with an ailment that started when I was 2 years old, I have celebrated years without recording seizure. THANKS TO GOD! AND TO HILTON ANTI-SEIZURE MEDICATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment